Skip to main content

Keep sleep OFF

Aloha Amigos!
Feeling sleepy is something I encountered a lot during my JEE preparations :p.
Here are some of the tried and tested foolproof hacks (as in my language) which will solve your problem:
  • Develop a habit of reading and understanding things fast.This will help you a lot.
  • Try to take most of the food in breakfast ,a light dinner( try avoiding much rice made stuffs in lunch),and have a very light dinner.(trust me!!! I didn’t eat anything made outside my home & my mumma took special care of my diet during my preparation time.Sometimes it was monotonous and fustrating but at the end it was all worth.)
  • Take power naps (it is a short sleep taken during the working day in order to restore one’s mental alertness).These power naps are very helpful in improving health issues also like blood pressure,stress etc.
  • Adding some science into it.You must have have experienced that sometimes when you get up then also you are not satisfied with it.Also it must have happened that you got up early but still you don’t feel sleepy anymore.
  • The thing that happens is that our body and brain have some sort of time intervals which contain of a light sleep and a deep sleep each.Everytime you complete a deep sleep interval then your body gets re energized.This normally takes around 40–50 mins.
  • Listening to loud music increases mental alertness just make sure that they shouldn’t be too emotional.I preferred listening to just beats and tunes.Same can be done by chewing things like chewing gum,elaichi,cloves(loong).
  • Meditate for sometime in the evening(make your mind completely free of all thoughts ,thank god for whatever you achieved ,make plans for the goals to be achieved)
Wishing you good luck!
Mahalo guys!

Comments