Skip to main content

When things go against you

Dear friend,
If you ever feel like things are not going right and you  aren’t able to perform to your fullest due to this then for a moment go into flashback and try to remember that moment when you felt a lot of confidence.It may be before or after any test for which you were well prepared ,may be after completing a chapter which you earlier thought will be hard to do .Now think of the process that happened before you got that confidence within you.Yes,I am talking of the preparations that you did in the right direction in order to gain that confidence.Now your job is to repeat that process and gain confidence in every topic you feel low..I won’t say that it will be easy but I can assure you that it will be worth it.
See, everything in this world is relative i.e. nothing is absolute . It is all upon how you take it.

I remember that day when the results of KVPY were to be declared.We gave the paper online and didn’t have our responses with us .Nobody was sure about the marks they were getting ,so was I.
Then came the day of results with one more surprise .The MAS list of the NSE Olympiads were also declared on that day.BINGO ,I checked the results and found that I had cleared the MAS of all the three olympiads that I gave.Then I checked the list of students in KVPY shortlisted for interview and found that my name wasn’t there.I checked the cutoffs and BOOM .To my surprise it was the same as I was scoring.I couldn’t figure out what was happening as we didn’t get our marks by then.When we got our marks I was so depressed to see that I was just short of 0.25 marks .Yes!!! just a mere 0.25 marks .I was sad & depressed.
Then came the turning point. Mumma came to me and said “Beta, tumne koshis kari thi achi .Wo tumhare marks me dikh rha hai.Par wo 0.25 marks kyu kam reh gaye ,yeh toh tumhe khudse hi puchke pta lagega.”
I thought upon this whole night and got the answer when I asked it to myself.I wasn’t giving focus to every topic.
Every being that god has made is provided with ample of opportunities,it just depends on us whether we choose to open our packet or not.
This long story wasn’t to brag about myself, but to make you understand that whenever you are in any problem (emphasize ‘any’) then going into depression won’t help you out.
BUT giving the problem a second thought will definitely help.
On a concluding note Dear friend please NEVER LET YOURSELF DOWN.
There is a solution to everything you just need to work upon searching it.
Mahalo!!

Comments